Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google Bing Reviews
Slide One
Slide Two
previous arrow
next arrow

Frequently Asked Questions

What coverage does my company need to be legal and safe?

Well, it depends on your industry. If you want to know the exact specifics of what your business needs, contact one of our agents today and they’ll work with you to figure out exactly what you need! However, for a general idea of what you’ll need, these are the coverages that show up in our policies most often:

– Commercial Vehicle Liability – $1,000,000
– Physical Damage Coverage – $1,000 Deductible
– Motor Truck Cargo – $100,000
– Non-owned Trailer Coverage – $1,000

I don’t want to just haul in my base state; I want to haul all over the country! What insurance coverage do I need to do that?

Congratulations on your move to interstate trucking! You’ll be glad to know that most of your insurance coverage needs won’t change. The big thing you need to do is to make sure that you meet the insurance requirements for the filings you need to complete for interstate hauling, like your MC number, IRP, or IFTA registration. Some of these filings require a certain level of coverage. Of course, we’ll help you get everything you need to operate across state lines!

My company is on a tight budget. Can I still get enough coverage to legally operate?

Our team has plenty of experience helping companies with all sorts of budget constraints maintain compliance. We know all the ins and outs of the law and how to make sure your company never falls out of favor. And we have a few tricks up our sleeves to keep your costs low. So get in touch today and see what we can do for you!

What is the bare minimum of insurance coverage that my operations need to function?

Every commercial trucking industry requires you to have liability insurance, but beyond that, your exact requirements will depend on your industry and what you haul. We strongly recommend all truckers at least consider the following:

— Underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage
— Physical Damage Coverage
— Trailer interchange coverage
— Primary liability coverage
— Primary liability and truckers’ general liability coverage
— Non-trucking liability coverage
— Medical reimbursement coverage

Does Fontana Truck Insurance issue trucking permits and help with filings too?

While our agents are insurance experts, we have affiliated companies that deal with all sorts of filing and permitting concerns! Ask your agent to redirect you to one of our affiliates at DOT Operating Authority for any filing concerns you have, or get your trip and fuel tax permits, IRP, or IFTA registrations!

I have points on my driving record. Can I still get truck insurance from you?

Of course! Our team takes pride in providing necessary insurance coverage for anyone and everyone. No matter what your driving record looks like, our team will hook you up!

Note: even if you have a DUI, we may be able to get you the coverage you need to get back on the road. Contact us to see if we can help you!

I heard of something called “unidentified trailer coverage” recently, what is that?

Unidentified trailer coverage covers any trailer that you hook up to your truck that isn’t owned or leased by you. If you don’t have this coverage, these trailers could put you at risk.

How long does a claim that I file stay on my record for?

Each insurance company has different rules about it, but claims tend to stay on your record for three years.

I want to accept a delivery outside of my usual area. What do I have to do to keep my truck covered while I pick it up?

All you have to do is reach out to your Fontana Truck Insurance agent and let them know what you’re doing. We’ll make sure your truck has the coverage it needs!

Why do my motor truck cargo policy quotes vary so much?

Motor truck cargo policies can be really different across companies because every company has a different way of calculating your costs. They base your premiums on the type of cargo you haul and the circumstances you need covered, and each company weighs these risks differently. For these policies, it’s important to know all the specifics of an individual policy before signing on for it.

I’m moving to a new state soon. Will you still cover me and my truck?

Yes! Just notify us with your new address and we’ll make sure to keep you and your truck completely covered. While we may have to change some of the language of your policy (depending on where you’re going), we’ll talk you through that before you go!

Do Fontana Truck Insurance policies cover towing?

Yes, but only for accidents. If an accident happens, please call your agent so they can send someone out for you! If your truck breaks down due to a mechanical failure, however, you’ll have to find a local tow company to help you out. It pays to stay on top of your maintenance!

I have more questions. Who can help me?

Any of our agents would be happy to talk you through any further questions and concerns you may have! You can call our office at (510) 473-3649, email our customer service team at info@fontanatruckinsurance.com, or fill out our contact form, and we’ll get back to you soon!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.